Monday, April 25, 2011

1 week old...

The chicks were hatched one week ago today!



It is also MY birthday!! Thirty-something today at 4pm... On Friday my husband took off of work to bring home pieces of my birthday gift. A shed/chicken coop!!!






He, my brother, and my grandfather were able to get 2 sides up before they called it a day - it's going to be so cool!!!

The chicks are growing so quickly - They are getting their little tail feathers.

They like to jump up and sit in our hands/on our arms but are still not thrilled with us picking them up. They are starting to come to the door when we come into the room - I - I may be anthropomorphizing but it really seems like they know that when they see us we're going to open it up for them.

This morning I lowered the temp in the brooder to the high 80's (with a table lamp dimmer) and they seem to be fine with it. However, yesterday I turned the light in the coop off for ten minutes - I read this should be done so they don't get freaked out when the heat light is removed. The temp dropped 10 degrees (from low 90s - low 80's) in the 10 minutes so they all cuddled up on my arm.

Weights this morning are:

Luna: 2 1/2 oz
Kya: 2 5/8 oz
Sunny: 2 5/8 oz
Soleil: 2 1/4 oz


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment