Wednesday, April 20, 2011

They're here!!

I got a call yesterday - 4/19 at about 9:50 am. Chris from the PO told me my package was here!! I threw on my chicken boots and headed right there.



Yep - I looked like a dork AND I was a nervous; not only was I was worried that they babies wouldn't survive the trip through the mail but I also have/had an irrational fear of post offices (not a joke). Nothing to worry about though - everyone at the PO very nice (the man who brought the chicks out said he had them growing up - bought at the flea market for $1) and the package was peeping away so I knew that at least some survived the trip.



Opening the package at home I immediately saw the Australorp and Red Star however there were 2 that looked like the Cochins I ordered BUT they didn't have the signature furry legs... Turns out the Cochins were substituted for Orpingtons.... :( Was a little bummed bc I really wanted at least 1 ornamental bird but they are all VERY healthy and that's all that matters PLUS from what I've read we'll have a LOT of eggs now.

Anyhow, everyone's healthy and active - SO FAR SO GOOD!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment